🧲Wikget is a Wikipedia search tool returning (search or random) results in the form of article previews (with an image) which are far more in-depth and browsable than Wikipedia's standard search result.
In fact, 🧲Wikget results themselves are great for casual reading and if you don't feel like reading, 🧲Wikget will read its results to you!
• Enter your query into the "Enter query" field and click the "🔎Search" button.
• Click the "🔀Random" button to load random results. Results will continuously load on scroll.
• Check the "🖱️ Search selected text" checkbox to enable instantaneous querying of selected text within results.
• Check the "❓ Search suggestions" checkbox to enable search-suggestions as you type.
• Copy the "📤 Share results" address for linking to the current search query/results.
• Click the "👇 Next" button to incrementally bring next article into view.
• Click the "[↑]" button to load a new 🧲Wikget search for an article's title.
• Click the "["↑"]" button to load a new 🧲Wikget search for an article's extact title.
• Click the "Link:" link to open the full Wikipedia article in a new window.
• Click the "►" button for 🧲Wikget to read the article previews to you.
• Click the "◼" button to pause/stop auto reading at any time.
• Click the "►►" button to jump reader to the next article.
• Click the "↑" button to return to page top.
👇 Several search operators that are helpful when searching.
• Enclose term in double quotes " for exact phrase search e.g. "Homer Simpson"
• Spelling relaxation is enabled by suffixing word with a tilde ~ e.g. Simpsons epasodes~
• Results containing a matching word can be excluded by prefixing the word with a hyphen - e.g. homer -Simpson